Title: Special Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Field Development and Operations
Location: New York, New York
The Special Events Manager will work closely with all members of the HDSA Field Team to assist in the implementation of community-based special events and work with management to identify, plan and implement new special event programs. The position reports to the Director of Field Development and Operations (DFDO) and is a fundraising focused position.
- Work with the DFDO to develop a multi-year plan for special event growth – focusing on youth in schools and community events.
- Create, manage and implement a spearhead a grassroots campaign to add to the HDSA event roster in new markets across the 9 regions.
- Foster working relationships with schools/clubs/civic organizations/corporations to complement fundraising activities.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with new volunteers and fundraising collaborators.
- Actively pursue community-based funding opportunities for local and regional events with volunteers.
- Support and maintain a working knowledge of organizational mission initiatives, including advocacy, community services, and education, research and awareness activities.
- Use tech savvy to promote events and the mission through websites and social media platforms.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a nonprofit development setting.
- Professional success leading special event fundraisers, such as school fundraisers, walks or galas.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a large, geographically diverse volunteer team.
- Ability to manage, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Ability to successfully handle several projects at once and meet deadlines with flexibility and good humor.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Donor Perfect and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 30 percent).
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
HDSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.