Title: New York/New Jersey Regional Development Manager
Reports to: National Director of Field Development and Operations
Position Description: New York/New Jersey Regional Development Manager will help to lead, develop and grow HDSA resources in the states of New York and New Jersey. This is a fundraising-focused position with primary responsibilities including creating, executing and achieving budgeted goals for special events, securing corporate support, developing volunteer boards, obtaining corporate and foundation grants, and expanding HDSA’s ability to support families affected by Huntington’s disease. This position is located at the HDSA National Office in NYC.
- Develop a multi-year plan for fund development in the New York/New Jersey Region, as well as plan for expansion into new markets within the Region.
- Secure financial support through direct fundraising outreach to individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteer leadership and fundraising collaborators to support, the growth, development, budgeted goals, and the mission work of HDSA.
- Recruit, retain and motivate HDSA volunteers, with special emphasis on volunteer leadership of HDSA Chapters and Affiliates in the region.
- Develop a grant-funding strategy and actively pursue community-based funding opportunities with volunteers.
- Foster working relationships with schools/clubs/civic organizations/corporations within the region to complement fundraising activities.
- Support financial management by ensuring timely reporting from the Region, Chapters and Affiliates to the National Office.
- Ensure that all donor and volunteer information in included in the HDSA database and that gift, in-kinds and volunteer acknowledgements occur in a timely manner.
- Work seamlessly with HDSA Centers of Excellence, social workers, support groups, and related medical facilities in the region to ensure that HD family and patient needs are being met in a manner consistent with HDSA’s mission.
- Support and maintain a working knowledge of organizational mission initiatives, including advocacy, community services, and education, research and awareness activities.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a nonprofit development setting.
- Professional success leading special event fundraisers, such as walks or galas.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a large, geographically diverse volunteer team.
- Ability to manage, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Ability to successfully handle several projects at once and meet deadlines with flexibility and good humor.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Donor Perfect and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 30 percent).
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
HDSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.