Title: Regional Development Manager
Reports to: Regional Development Director – Pacific Southwest and Northwest Regions
The Regional Development Manager will help fundraise and recruit and train volunteers to grow the impact of the HDSA mission in the Pacific Southwest and Northwest Regions, with a primary focus in the states of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Washington. This is a fundraising-focused position with primary responsibilities including creating and running special events, securing corporate support, training volunteer boards, and expanding HDSA’s ability to support families affected by Huntington’s disease. This position will be based in Seattle, Portland or San Francisco.
- Achieve fundraising goals as outlined in the approved budget for the Regions.
- Develop, plan and implement successful regional fundraising events, such as Team Hope Walks, Celebrations of Hope, Hearts for Huntington’s, bowling events and golf tournaments.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with volunteer leadership and fundraising collaborators (i.e. corporate partners, individual donors, vendors, and foundations.)
- Work with HDSA Chapters/Affiliates to help them successfully achieve their budgets and Plan of Work.
- Assist in the recruitment, and training of volunteers to existing boards and committees to maximize support of HDSA’s mission.
- Foster working relationships with schools/clubs/civic organizations/corporations within the region to support and complement fundraising activities.
- Support financial management by ensuring timely reporting from the Region and Chapters.
- Serve as HDSA ambassador and advocate by maintaining a working knowledge of HDSA’s programs, research, advocacy initiatives, structure and impact.
- Work seamlessly with regional HDSA Centers of Excellence, social workers, support groups, and related medical facilities to ensure that HD family and patient needs are being met – consistent with HDSA’s mission.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Passion for Society’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3-5 years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven track record of financial success.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a large, geographically diverse volunteer team.
- Ability to manage, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills to achieve consensus and cooperation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, DonorPerfect, Social Media, Fundraising platforms and relational databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 30 percent).
HDSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org